Wednesday, November 19, 2008

superhero!


It all started with a pair of pajamas. I saw a cute set of batman P.J.'s with an attached cape, and thought Matthew might get a kick out of them later--even though he has no clue who batman is. So we get them and he sees them in his drawer one day. Okay, he wants to wear those to bed...fine. He asks about the cape and we tell him it's because they are superhero pajamas. Okay. Then about two weeks ago he is suddenly all about superheroes! He has to wear his superhero cape everywhere. It's all I can do to keep the thing clean! When I tried to make him a cape out of a towel and mitten holders (pretty ingenious of me I know--the towel even had a k monogrammed on it!) he snubbed it, saying it was only a towel and not a cape! It's pretty funny though, he goes around jumping, claiming that he is flying.


He's also started saying that he has to save daddy. When I ask him why at first it sounded like he said, "cause he's fat!" But after much laughter and a few more repeats I have learned that he says, "because he's bad!" Thus, daddy needs saving...I guess.



Tomorrow is Matthew's Thanksgiving feast at the preschool. I am very excited about it, as we have yet to attend an actual preschool party--seems like sickness hits at all the wrong times! After preschool, the boys and I are driving up to Redding for the week. So, no posts for a little bit, unless I get ambitious on my moms computer. Hope everyone has a great thanksgiving. Here's a few more photo's just 'cause!

1 comment:

Nichole said...

You could always give the hand made cape to Jon. Then they can play supper heros together.